Child Counsellor and Psychotherapist in North London 'specialising in educational issues and helping children to reach their potential'
Educational Psychotherapy is an educational and therapeutic way of working with children and young people, from 5 - 16, with emotional,social, behavioural and learning difficulties. There will be a close focus on the learning process and the possible emotional factors that might be getting in the way, making the school and learning experience problematic.
It is suitable for children with:-
* low self-esteem
* poor social behaviour in school
* difficulty with focus and concentration
* lack of confidence in learning
* acting out behaviour
* experience of loss or bereavement
* experience of trauma
How does it work?
Educational psychotherapy combines teaching and therapy. It provides a safe and trusting relationship to explore the behaviour around learning and to think about difficult feelings. It is a psychodynamic model of therapy which uses the metaphor in the child's stories, drawings and artwork to explore feelings, attitudes and conflicts. The session is structured, to allow for some therapeutic teaching geared to the child's area of learning difficulty, and time for free choice from a range of activities. These might be drawings or paintings, malleable materials, small world play, games, narrative and dialogue work,
I can offer:-
* one-to-one educational therapy sessions during term times for between 1 - 5 terms.
* an initial assessment of 4 sessions to gather information about the difficulties and to then assess the suitability of long term work.
* I also meet with parents / carers who may want to discuss their concerns about their child and to review the progress with regular
This is covered in the cost of the therapy.
Please contact me for further information and discussion.